Eco-robotic sailing craft that reduces operational costs
Oceandrone is an autonomous eco-robotic wind and solar powered sailing craft designed to operate in extreme weather conditions.
Unique retracting sail prevents damage
24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year autonomous operations in all sea conditions
Helps reduce global CO₂ levels
Targeting the Oceanology, Data Collection, Fisheries and Security sectors, Oceandrone can operate autonomously or be controlled remotely in all sea conditions.
- Surface tracking drone to support Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV)
- Autonomous drone for survey / met-ocean activities
- Autonomous surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Sail and solar propulsion system
- Using our patent pending ‘pocket keel’ innovation, the sail can be retracted (partially or totally) inside the keel when not in use. This completely sheltered system prevents damage to the sail even if the vessel capsizes
- Deck area free of equipment to allow for the installation of: solar cells which will charge the batteries to operate the propeller and control systems; bespoke package of communication and surveillance devices
- Can be operated remotely.
- Offers autonomous operations in all sea conditions 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, 365-days a year
- Reduces the need for an AUV support vessel making a significant contribution to achieving net-zero carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions
- Reduces the probability of workers encountering danger when measuring hazardous areas and complex routes
- Saves labour and fuel costs.
Bespoke sensor suite
Oceandrone can be calibrated for a variety of operations with a bespoke sensor suite including:
- 360° electro-optical / forward-looking infrared (EO / FLIR) camera
- Radio and satcom system
- Gyroscopic sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor (ALS)
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
Oceandrone is the result of our team’s decades of experience in underwater robotics, and the technical advancements made in America’s Cup racing sails.
As part of the energy supply chain, the Oceandrone team is committed to gearing its design, construction and working processes to support the global energy transition from fossil-based fuel to renewable energy sources.